Monday, January 31, 2011

Computer Human Interface(2011 Spring ), Assignment 1-3

Worst User Interface
 I think that the visual c++ 2010 is the worst user interface. Because the developing program platform was so complicated that I can not concentrate on my programming. With programming in JAVA, I usually used the "eclipse" platform. The platform was not only simple, but also powerful to debug and trace the errors. In addition, just plugging in a new program -such as android developing toolkit- I could easily download and work with the program. However, the visual c++ 2010 was not the similar system with eclipse. I felt that the vc++ 2010 was heavy and slow without any efficiency debug processing. 
 For example, whenever I wanted to find the error code line and debug the error, I had to read through whole of the code. It was very burden job for me as a novice programmer.  To make matters worse, the live compiling was not available. So I could not find any error code before compiling the long code. It was a time wasting. And the organization of the menu was so complicated, finding time was spent more than double times than eclipse. Concretely, when I tried to set a path to new file, I had to read all of the menu and opened the options. Sometimes there was an error to make me feel disappointment. 
 In my opinion, for helping programmer working with window platform using vc++, it needs more instinctive features and icons to attract users. And cutting down complicated and overlapped sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment